Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior1, and is the sixth leading cause of death for all adults. 2 In addition, dementia currently affects 47 million people worldwide and is projected to grow to nearly 131 million by 2050. 2 Dementia has a large economic impact with healthcare costs expected to rise to $818 billion. 3 Current treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease have restricted symptomatic benefit through AChE inhibition and do not affect the underlying disease process. 4
Hisun is developing AD-35, a novel formulation that is designed to assist in alleviating AD symptom through AChE inhibition, and also has the potential to alter the disease progress by targeting Aβ proteins and neuroinflammation.
Hisun is actively seeking to:
- Identify a co-development partner
- Out-license regional rights
- Out-license world-wide rights
For more information, please contact:
Director Business Development and Sales
Hisun Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
212 Carnegie Center, Suite 302
Princeton, NJ 08540-6236
- What is Alzheimer’s? Available at: http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_what_is_alzheimers.asp Accessed 11/17/16.
- 2016 Alzheimer’s Disease Facts and Figures. Available at: http://www.alz.org/facts/ Accessed November 17, 2016.
- World Alzheimer Report 2015: The Global Impact of Dementia. Available at: https://www.alz.co.uk/research/WorldAlzheimerReport2015.pdf: 4, col. 2. Accessed November, 17, 2016.
- What We Know Today About Alzheimer’s Disease. Available at: http://www.alz.org/research/science/alzheimers_disease_treatments.asp Accessed November 17, 2016.